You will need to do two things:
Follow those steps as provided in Manage permission policies for a Web application (SharePoint Server 2010):
- Verify that you have the following administrative credentials:
· You must be a member of the Farm Administrators group on the computer that is running the SharePoint Central Administration Web site.
- On the Central Administration Web site, in the Application Management section, click Manage web applications.
- Click to highlight the line for the Web application whose permission policy you want to manage.
- In the Policy group of the ribbon, click User Policy.
- In the Policy for Web Application dialog box, select the check box next to the user or group that you want to manage, and then click Add Users.
- In the Add Users dialog box, in the Zone list, click the zone to which you want the permission policy to apply.
- In the Choose Users section, type the user names, group names, or e-mail addresses that you want to add to the permission policy. You can also click the applicable icon to check a name or browse for names.
- In the Choose Permissions section, select the permissions that you want the users to have. In case that you want the user to be able to do everything including deployment, you choose “Full Control”.
- In the Choose System Settings section, check Account operates as System if you want to specify whether a user account should be displayed as SHAREPOINT\System instead of the actual accounts that perform specific tasks within the SharePoint environment.
- Click Finish.
However, the previous configuring will not give the user the ability to do administration control on the farm level. If you in need for that check the next section.
Plan for Farm Administration User:
To be able to act as an administrator on all SharePoint web applications and be able to configure thins like Quota and Service Applications (such as Search and Profile Synchronization), a user has to be a Farm Administrator. For that you have to do many things. For more information about managing Farm Administrators, kindly check this article: Creating Additional SharePoint 2010 Farm Administrators.
محمد الطباع (Muhammad Altabba)
SharePoint Developer with Project Management and Team Leadership Activities.